Travel with the Barker family on a decade long journey. . . destination: SOUTH OF SANITY.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Steven's Neck

The very first time I met Steven I noticed that the back of his neck had a distinctly grey color to it. I wasn't quite sure if this was dirt or some "medical condition." I asked Keith about it and he said, "Yeah, I noticed that too. It's been that way for as long as I can remember." I suggested that it might possibly just be dirt and a good scrub might take care of it. After several washings, the grey was gone. I suspect that Steven's neck had never been washed the entire eight years of his life. Keith has had to teach his son to shower--including the ever-popular male technique of "lift and scrub." Steven's neck is now a clean, healthy, flesh color! Who says boys don't need dads?

No comments: