Travel with the Barker family on a decade long journey. . . destination: SOUTH OF SANITY.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Daddy's Gonna Kill Ralphie!"


You know the movie . . . A Christmas Story! It's become a holiday favorite in our family--lines from the movie are quoted on a regular basis. The day after Thanksgiving I popped the movie into the DVD player in hopes that the grandkids would sit down to watch it and the noise level would diminish to a tolerable level. Steven looked at me a little sheepishly and announced that he's not allowed to watch that movie. "My mom says there are bad words in it, so I can't watch it." Now under normal circumstances I always defer to the judgement of *the mother.* But since this particular mother has no judgement, we all sat down and watched Ralphie, Randy, Flick, and of course . . . Scutt Farkus. Hence the new poll! I'll be very interested in the results.

1 comment:

dotmother said...

Yeah, it has bad words, but they're soooo appropriate for what's going on. Justification, I know....but we love the show way too much!